The safety and protection of our guests and employees are of paramount concern to everyone at Historic Smithville. Unlike many destinations, we are fortunate to have a lot of outdoor space where our guests can enjoy fresh, country air and social distancing! But we are taking extra precautions to ensure sanitation and cleanliness in the Village. Here’s what we are doing:
Historic Smithville has allowed its independent retailers to decide whether to stay open or to close. Some of our merchants are continuing online sales as well. Please contact the individual Shoppe directly.
- We are communicating regularly with the New Jersey Department of Health and monitoring all updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- We are encouraging any employees with symptoms of illness to stay home until they are well and to seek medical advice.
- We encourage guests who have a fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath to stay at home and seek medical advice before visiting Historic Smithville.
- We are instructing and monitoring employees regularly to ensure they personally practice recommended preventative measures, including frequent and vigorous handwashing and routine, thorough laundering of clothing.
- We recognize that the situation will evolve over the next few weeks. We are monitoring the evolving situation and will determine soon how we approach our Spring Festivals. The first Historic Smithville event of the year, Easter Parade is currently scheduled for April 12 and 19, 2020 and Renaissance Faire is April 25 and 26
- We encourage our guests to follow CDC guidelines regarding special health considerations as well.
Historic Smithville Restaurants
- We are cleaning and sanitizing our restaurant and banquet spaces as recommended by CDC
- Historic Smithville Inn, Fred and Ethel’s Lantern Light and Lakeside Grill and the Smithville Bakery are all closed at this time.
- We are offering take-out dining at Costello’s. To order, please call the restaurants directly. 609-652-0378
Colonial Inn Bed and Breakfast
- We are cleaning and sanitizing all hotel rooms after guests depart and before new guests arrive as per our usual practices. We are regularly cleaning and sanitizing all public areas of the hotel.
- We are working with guests to reschedule their visits if they are ill or hesitant to travel now because of the coronavirus threat.
Again, we value tremendously the health of our guests and employees, and thank everyone connected with Historic Smithville for adhering to the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation, especially during this time of widespread anxiety. If you have any questions, please call the Colonial Inn at 609-748-8999 or the Smithville Inn at 609-652-7777 between 9 am and 5 pm, and the staff will direct you to the appropriate source of information.